Monday, June 11, 2007

Regular Transmission Will Resume Shortly...

A splash in a puddle of water,
A boat in water let free,
A smile on my face that tells of glee,
Bring back my childhood to me.

Bags and canvas shoes and waterbottles,
Vada pavs and jam roti,
Muddy socks and bloody knees,
Bring back my childhood to me.

DD and Sunday morning cartoons,
Good ol' Disney and Mowgli,
Just two ruddy channels on my TV,
Bring back my childhood to me.

Homework and classwork and schoolwork,
Cricket when the clock strikes three,
Lapa chappi, langdi and lagori!
Bring back my childhood to me.

Units and terms and finals,
Three months of summer so free,
Tales of Shivaji and Noddy,
Bring back my childhood to me.

Adulthood and and all things damned,
That kid's a faint memory,
Help me smile again with glee,
Oh, bring back my childhood to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin - give the audience a grin
Enjoy it - it's your last chance anyhow.
So always look on the bright side of death
Just before you draw your terminal breath
Life's a piece of shit
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.

- Monty Python