Thursday, December 13, 2007

C'est La Vie. Sometimes.

I have late breakfasts.
I listen to Kishore Kumar songs.
I read a book - start to finish - in one day.
I watch a football game in the evening.
And I'm asleep by 11.


On Saturday.

Kulkarni wishes to defend himself. In dignified tones he addresses the multitude who howl at him in disgust. He does not stoop to such civilized acts every weekend.
No sirree.

Even today, Kulkarni goes to Pecos for the express purpose of having breakfast and comes back home at eight in the night.
Even today, Kulkarni rides through the night to reach Pune to attend a wedding in Jalgaon.
Even today, Kulkarni can drink through the night - and every now and then, Kulkarni does so.

But there are weekends when Kulkarni likes nothing more than to wake up at 10 in the morning, have a heavy breakfast, lie in bed with a nice thick book. And c'est tout.


When I get bored of the usual excitements in my life.

Yeah, it happens. To all of us. Eventually.

I've got a coupla grey hairs on my head. And like it or not, so do you.

And contrary to the voiceferous opinions of the many wise-asses who pretend to be bosom buddies, I have more than one colour of hair on my pate.
Hah.

1 comment:

Binoy said...

Yes I agree with the post and no I don't quite agree with the context of my post with this one. Details only after we both into some sessions. :)