Monday, April 21, 2008

The Abolishment


 

In the biting cold of the Himalayas

On a lonely mountain, way up high,

A wild looking bearded man,

Let out a despondent sigh


 

He'd made his way up here,

Many months and years ago

He'd offered penance to the Gods,

But today his morale was low


 

Through many a season had he waited,

Eon on eon he patiently stood,

With single minded devotion he had prayed

And long had he nature withstood


 

But today he thought of giving up

He'd finally had enough

He would wave the flag white and go

Back and earn his dough


 

Nary had he taken his hands down though,

And was about to stand on two legs again,

He was struck by a mighty vision;

By an understanding beyond his ken


 

And then did the Good Lord speak unto him

And ask of his devoted devotee

"You've pleased me, my son, and so,

Ask what you will of me"


 

Tears filled the mortal's eyes,

He'd waited for ever so long,

His wish was about to be fulfilled,

He was about to right a grievous wrong


 

O Lord, said the bearded one

I have a request of thee,

And it is one, I assure you,

That is required by all of humanity


 

It will be granted, said the Bearded One,

You've certainly earned the right

Ask and it will be given,

For all is within my might


 

Well, said the mere mortal, I among others,

Have suffered for nearly all of my life,

A suffering so ghastly in nature,

That it gives incomparable strife


 

And I resolved to come here and ask;

Ask of you, my Lord to reprieve,

Us from all this suffering,

From our misery and our grief


 

On behalf of my world, O Lord

On behalf of humanity I say!

Grant me my earned wish, O Lord

And abolish that accursed Monday!


 

No comments: