Friday, May 04, 2007

Heppy Budday!!!

One whole year of attempting to entertain the world with my rantings, my ravings, and the odd modicum of common sense.
A year when the blog, and I, shifted base from Pune to Bangalore.
A year in which I discovered Pecos, discovered Sahib Sindh Sultan, and the white hats that the Bangalore police wear. Which, on reflection, is about all that can be said for the city. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad place at all - but this is about all that's better than Pune. A point that I may have occasionally touched upon over the last year or so on this page.
A year in which I discovered that I can ride a bike when Bacchus is in complete control of my faculties - and I certainly am not.
A year in which I discovered that I can ride the bike when in deep slumber (also a year in which I found out that Monsieur Castellino most certainly can NOT, but we'll let that pass), and most importantly, I can stay alive when we combine the two scenarios.
Not that I intend to do anything of the sort ever again.
Ever.
Mother promise.
My faith in beer, and all things Epicurean has been reaffirmed this year, and for the record, there is no place in Bangalore that makes tiramisu or mousse better than Ameeta (Amya, hint, hint!!!).
The two Amreekan biraadar log made thier annual pilgrimage to Dharti Maa, and both reunions were fittingly non-sober. I suspect there may be the odd flare-up with both of them for having called them by their correct nomenclature ( for they claim they're anything but Amreekan), but now what to do. Anything west of the Juhu Chowpatty...
The past twelve months have included one crazy ass trip to Mysore, one epic journey to Goa, one solo ride to Pune, and my first Bullet ride (to Chikmaglur).
Oh yeah. Also the year in which I discovered the true reason for earning money. Buying Bullets.
The memories of Gokhale and Pune grow ever more acute with every passing day. The smallest event, the most inconsequential of triggers can bring so many memories flooding back, and come to think of it, that's no bad thing. Memories are nice things, because they serve to remind you of the blast that was the past, and also because they give you something to work towards. Onwards to Pune, biraadar log - Dream On!
Raindrops fell on my head through the year, as they did on the pates of most of my mates, but the sun shone through again.
We got by with the help of our friends, in time honoured fashion.
Mallya pitched in as well. :)
Lots more that happened, and lots more that the Man up above has scripted for us, I'm sure (achcha?!)... but all in all, the jury's verdict is:

Life's Good.
Here's to another year of merry blogging.

Cheers, All.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't 25 fast approaching ??

Dionysus said...

Sweet stuff, mate. And yeah...it's been a helluva year.

Binoy said...

Bitch, u coming in June right, you gonna pay for callin me that....BIATCH!!