Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Onwards, You Philistines!

Blast from the past types se hai, peoples.
This here serialized production is the documentation of my first major trip.
I'd been to Bombay on the bike before I undertook the campaign I'm about to describe, and Ketan had been to Sinhagad.
Girish couldn't ride the bike and Shoan was not going to come along.
So among the four, the longest any one of us had achieved was 170 kms.
Mid October, 2003. Our last year in Fergusson, and a promise to selves that we would manage one trip before we got out into the big bad world.
And that, peoples, is how the "Go Goa" theme of my life took root.
What follows is a meandering, rambling, self-indulgent narrative that tells those who bother to read it the tale of how three idiots rode to Goa. Also the tale of how four idiots rode back.
It involves a Splendor (MH-12-AL-9832), a Yamaha (MH-12-G-4780), the four aforementioned nutcases, a waiter all of us would still like to kill, some of the most beautiful ghats in the country, late night driving, exhaustion, exhilaration, and hardly any ennui.
At least, in my opinion.
Comin' right up:
Episode I: "Dude! It's all in the planning, dude!"

No comments: